15+ National Margarita Day Specials to Sip On Today
Legend holds that the margarita was discovered by the ancient Aztecs, who stumbled upon an enchanted waterfall gushing with tequila, lime juice, and Cointreau.
News of the boozy discovery spread across the continent, and pretty soon, bartenders were shaking up their own limey elixirs. Today, we honor the majestic margarita with its own national holiday on February 22. On Tuesday, celebrate the king of cocktails with these National Margarita Day freebies and deals:
- Abuelo’s – Unwind with a handcrafted margarita for $6.95.
- Black Angus Steakhouse – Sip on a Premium Gold Strike margarita for $5 in the BullsEye Bar. The cocktail is handcrafted from Sauza Blue Reposado Blue Agave Tequila and Patrón Citrónge Liqueur infused with fresh lime-agave mix.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co – Take home a margarita shaker for $3.99.
- Cheeseburger in Paradise – On National Margarita Day, celebrate with a classic margarita for $2.22.
- Chevy’s Fresh Mex – Find out what the National Margarita Day special is on February 22.
- Chili’s – You can sample a Presidente, Triple Berry Infused, or Tropical Sunrise margarita for $5.
- Cyclone Anaya’s – You can gulp down a jumbo house margarita for $5.
- Fuddruckers – Swill a classic margarita for $2.22.
- Margarita’s Mexican Restaurant – If you have “Marg” or “Rita” in your name (such as Margaret or Dorita), you can stop buy for a free Famous Taster, which includes a chicken burrito, cheese enchilada, and ground beef taco with Mexican rice and beans. You can also try a limited-time tropical margarita, such as the Coco Azul or Mango Tango.
- Margaritaville – Enjoy a margarita for $3.50, and take advantage of other special offers on National Margarita Day.
- Ninety Nine Restaurants – From 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., you can pair your margarita with a cheeseburger for $5 at the bar. Choose from cheddar, Swiss, and American cheese.
- On The Border – From 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., you can raise a toast with a margarita for $3.
- Ruby Tequila’s – You can order a regular draft beer or house margarita for $1.50, or a grande for $3.50.
- Taco Bueno – Whip up a pitcher of margaritas and order tacos, burritos, and nachos in honor of the holiday.
- Taco Cabana – From 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., you can get a margarita or domestic beer with personal bean and cheese nachos for $3.
- Tony Roma’s National Margarita – Grab a Classic Romarita for $2.22.