A New Twist On Stuffing: Maple Butternut Squash Style
Maple Butternut Squash Brioche Stuffing – that’s a concoction that I haven’t heard of before!
There ain’t nothing wrong with being domesticated, so it’s time to get Domesti-KATED with Kate Bowler!
Her blog, Domestikated Life, covers a ton of topics in the lifestyle realm, gift giving ideas, drink mixing, and of course, foodie fan faire.
Starting her blog almost 8 years ago, Bowler was attempting to keep a creative outlet open while working an entry-level job. It helped her create a safe space to express her ideas that she was passionate about, and never imagined that it would amount to what it has now – a full career.
Growing up with an Italian background, her grandmother taught her basic cooking skills, but also an even more important quality – that how food brings people together. Kate also notes that her husband is a great taste tester, and sometimes even helps name some of her dishes.
One of our favorite questions to ask fellow foodies is what dish they’re looking forward to enjoying this holiday season. Bowler kindly shared hers with us, “My favorite holiday tradition is a Christmas Eve party we attend at a family friend’s house — she makes these amazing crockpot meatballs that are in a sweet tangy sauce and I think about them all year long! This year I’m pregnant and can’t travel, so it’s the first year I won’t be attending the party in person since I was a little kid. She gave me the recipe though and I’m going to try to recreate them at home to keep the tradition alive, and hope those taste-memories will help me get into the holiday spirit even though I can’t be there in person. ”
Make sure to follow Bowler on Instagram (@domestikatedblog)! Not only will you be treated to inspiring images of food and home, you’l also get to celebrate the magical moments of Bowler and her husband getting ready to welcome their new baby to the family.
From her unique stash of recipes on Domestikated Life comes the Maple Butternut Squash Brioche Stuffing, which she happily agreed to share with us, and with you!
- 4 Cups Butternut Squash
- ½ Red Onion, Diced
- ½ Yellow Onion, Diced
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- Fresh Sage Leaves
- 8 Cups Of Stale Brioche
- 1.5-2 Cups Of Chicken Stock
- Preheat Oven To 400 Degrees.
- Combine Butternut Squash, Red And Yellow Onions And Toss With Syrup, Brown Sugar And Olive Oil, Roast For 20 Minutes.
- Melt 6 Tbsp Of Butter In A Pan, And Add A Handful Of Torn Sage Leaves Into The Butter For 1 Minute.
- In A Large Bowl, Combine Brioche With Roasted Butternut Squash Mixture And Pour Butter Into The Bowl.
- Toss To Combine And Slowly Mix In 1.5-2 Cups Of Chicken Stock, Until The Stuffing Is Fluffy And Moist.
- Spoon Stuffing Into A Baking Dish And Finish In The Oven At 400 Degrees For 15 Minutes, Garnish With Fresh Sage Leaves.
Amy Cooper is the type of journalist that when asked “What do you bring to the table,” she replies “I am the table.